New Features OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)
Today I decided to write a post with the new features that have been released in OCI in recent months.
I will be making detailed articles on each of these features as soon as possible.
Let’s go now with the new features
OS Managemet Service
- Service Available from OCI Console
- Managed instance can be managed individually or in group.
- Easy Instance grouping – By OS or By Purpose of Instances – Easy Bulk Operations
- Select or Create Custom software sources.
- Immediate execution as Work Request or Scheduled Jobs for OS Package Management.
- Checking for Exposures to known Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
- Agent based Service for Linux 6,7 or 8 Instances.
- OS Management enabled by default only Agent install needed via yum.
- For Service Operation Agent (osms-agent) must be installed.
- Compute + OS Management = Managed Instance
- Enables Package Management – Monitor, Search, Add, Remove, Update
Block Volume Sharing Read-Write Mode
- Two options introduced Read/Write Sharable and Read-only Sharable.
- Read-Write needs Clusterware solution on top of shared block volume.
- Read-only attachment are available in sharable mode to multiple instances.
- No need of concurrency access control or cluster-ware solution for Read-only Attach.
- Volume groups, Disk-to-Disk Clone, automated backups are available for Shared Block Volumes.
- Default attachment from Compute is non-shareable and exclusive read/write
- Available in all regions via OCI Console, CLI, SDK, Terraform.
- Other vendors provide only Read-only Block Volumes but has limitation on Read-Write shareable attach.
Oracle feature to get back the Deleted Compartment.
- Once compartment is deleted it will be appended with random string.
- Use Filter Deleted Compartment to get the list.
- Audit Retention period is 90-365 days.
- Restore Compartment Option will allow you to restore compartment with the same appended string name.
- It will be listed in compartment list.
- All policies refer to the deleted compartment will be now pointed to restored compartment name.
André Luiz Dutra Ontalba é um Oracle ACE member, formado em Ciências da Computação, é especialista em Banco de Dados Oracle com sólidos conhecimentos em Engineered Systems, Performance & Tuning, RAC, Oracle Cloud e Oracle ERP’s System; Trabalha com Oracle há 17 anos, certificado OCP Oracle 11/12g/Cloud e conta com mais de 27 outras certificações em produtos da Oracle. Atualmente trabalha como Senior Database Architect na Sogeti Luxembourg uma empresa da Capgemini Group. André é fundador do Grupo de Usuários Oracle de Luxemburgo (LUXOUG). Articulista para o OTN, GPO (Grupo de Usuários Oracle Brasil) e LUXOUG. Twitter @aontalba / blog www.dbadutra.com