Em um movimento inesperado de duas gigantes que disputam no tapa o mercado de cloud, a Oracle e a Microsoft anunciam uma parceria de interoperabilidade entre a Microsoft Azure e a Oracle Cloud.
De acordo com o anúncio oficial, inicialmente essa junção possibilitará:
- Connect Azure and Oracle Cloud seamlessly, allowing customers to extend their on-premises datacenters to both clouds. This direct interconnect is available starting today in Ashburn (North America) and Azure US East, with plans to expand additional regions in the future.
- Unified identity and access management, via a unified single sign-on experience and automated user provisioning, to manage resources across Azure and Oracle Cloud. Also available in early preview today, Oracle applications can use Azure Active Directory as the identity provider and for conditional access.
- Supported deployment of custom applications and packaged Oracle applications (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail, Hyperion) on Azure with Oracle databases (RAC, Exadata, Autonomous Database) deployed in Oracle Cloud. The same Oracle applications will also be certified to run on Azure with Oracle databases in Oracle Cloud.
- A collaborative support model to help IT organizations deploy these new capabilities while enabling them to leverage existing customer support relationships and processes.
- Oracle Database will continue to be certified to run in Azure on various operating systems, including Windows Server and Oracle Linux.
Para mais informações, clique aqui para ler o comunicado oficial ou se não domina muito bem o Inglês, clique aqui e veja o artigo em português no glufke.net